RE: Default tablespace for temp segments..

From: ravi chandra <ravi4671_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:21:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
My problem is similar to what Mike has experienced. But it was more severe in my case as I was tight on space and I had to wait till it releases the temporary segments it had used up on my regular tablespace(Yes, I have a separate and distinct temporary tablespace). I also faced the same Ora-1630 error after which I increased the extent size and finished the job. I am aware that Oracle uses the system tablespace for sorting if you dont assign a temporary tablespace, which is not the case here.
Thanks,
Ravi