snapshot and referential integrity

From: Richard Ji <richard_at_letsplay.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:58:39 -0400

Hi all,

        I am planning to setup the following: a staging database STAGE and a live database LIVE. Some tables in the LIVE database are just regular tables (that will get its data directly from web site) others are snapshots from the STAGE database. The reason for that is for those tables we can enter data into it's STAGE's master table and after QA it then can be released into LIVE via snapshot refresh.

        So my question is: For those snapshots in the LIVE database, can I have referential integrity to it. For example, if DEPT is a snapshot in LIVE, can EMP has a foreign key to DEPT in the LIVE?

        Thanks.

Richard Ji Received on Tue May 30 2000 - 09:58:39 CDT