Off Topic - Competition for RSA algorithm

From: <Colin.Shaw_at_phs.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:21:14 -0700

Jared:

Seeing your recent post about RSA nudged me into remembering that at IOUG-A I promised to send you the info about the teenager who has invented a new encryption algorithm:

<<snip>>

3:00 a.m. Jan. 14, 1999 PST
An Irish teenager has invented a new data-encryption technology with the potential to be just as secure -- but 22 times faster -- than the battle-tested RSA encryption algorithm.

Sarah Flannery, 16, got the idea for the algorithm during a two-week work-experience program at the Dublin, Ireland-based data-security company Baltimore Technologies.
<<snip>>

Check out http://www.wired.com/news/topstories/0,1287,17330,00.html

and/or use your favorite search engine to look for "Cayley-Purser".

Regards, Received on Tue May 30 2000 - 17:21:14 CDT