RE: Database Cloning

From: Sajid Iqbal <sajid_at_u-net.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:25:20 +0100 (BST)

I can tnsping to the server.. I can connect locally to oracle from the server... I I check the listener log file it shows succesful connections..

However when I try and connect from a pc via sqlnet it says - ORA-01034: ORACLE NOT AVAILABLE. When Oracle is definitely available as I can connect to server manager and select from tables etc.

So it sounds like a database name/sid problem maybe ?

Can anyone tell me the steps/files sqlnet goes through when connecting to a database from a pc.

TIA Saj Iqbal

--
U-NET Ltd  a VIA NET.WORKS Inc company
Sajid Iqbal                    | Mail : sajid_at_u-net.net