Re: Point in time recovery

From: Chris Royce <Chris_at_Royce.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 17:50:30 -0400

Just a quick thought - this is also a problem with 'standby databases' as the ddl in the redos will not create the datafiles - startup the database 'mount' and try to do an 'alter system add datafile '/dir/oradata/instance/file_name etc' size 999M;' . I really do not know (I haven't had a chance to try it) if this will work but is worth a try. Let me know ?? I will probably test your scenario tomorrow.

Good Luck

Chris Royce