Fw: was RE: core_dump_dest = /dev/null? --> audit_file_dest

From: S. Anthony Sequeira <Sequeira_at_lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 19:53:36 +0100

Alex,

    This is interesting. I do not have access to a Unix machine right now, else I would try it out.

    Does this mean that the sysdba cannot connect to shut it down, as it is trying to write the audit file?

    If not I do not see why a shutdown abort will not bring it down.

    Probably a kill of the Oracle processes should work?

    Regards.

Tony

--
S. Anthony Sequeira

Wait for the ricochet

Opinions expressed herein are my own and do
not necessarily represent those of my employer