maximum open cursors in Java stored procedures

From: Andreas Jung <ajung_at_sz-sb.de>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 18:23:40 +0200

I have written a stored procedure in Java makes a bulk insert of LOBs. Inside the loop I always open the connection
(DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:default:connection:");

The connection is closed at the end of every time before it is open again. The code works perfectly. Now I tried to open the connection only one time before entering the loop. However my code now fails with an ORA-01000 error: maximum open cursors exceeded. I my opinion the connection instance represents the cursor. But i my case it is opened only once. So what's the reason for this behaviour ?

Andreas Received on Sun May 28 2000 - 11:23:40 CDT