transportable tablespaces

From: Joseph S. Testa <teci_at_oracle-dba.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 13:00:24 -0400

Well i finally got a chance to play with it.

pretty cool stuff.

on my desktop(rh 6.0, oracle 8.1.5.0.1), took a 600M tablespace(ok technically a datafile), put it in read only mode, took export of metadata, copied to my laptop(same os and oracle version)(via the home 100mbs lan, whic still took ~30 mins), and ran the imp of the metadata, and poof it was there.

I must admit, thats one of the best things oracle has done in recent time(and alter table drop column).

joe

--
Joe Testa  http://www.oracle-dba.com
Oracle 8i documentation online http://www.oracle-dba.com/oracle-docs