RE: Exporting large tables

From: Klavers, Richard <R.Klavers_at_arbeidsbureau.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 07:49:28 +0200

Scott,

aren't we the lucky ones or what? Life is far too easy with a good OS...this OS keeps us from the streets and out of the bar..but I am not too happy with the last...

We managed the export of >2Gb tables by using raw disk for the export as well. Didn't know it was possible, but as you see it can never hurt trying. One of our Unix guys came up with the idea, and to our surprise it worked. The next step is to move the raw disk to the other system using DD to tape. I hope the import works with raw disks as well...we keep on trying. I let you know.

Like my mom said, I better finish school to get a good job rather than being a DBA...

Greetings, Richard Klavers.