RE: Shutdown immediate - not quite as immedaite as I want it to

From: Weerd de E.C. Kirsten <Kirsten.deWeerd_at_Oranjewoud.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:31:01 +0100

The processes the immediate shutdown waits for are long running PL/SQL-procedures retrieving information from several tables inside a loop and then inserting the results into a table at the and of each loop before it fetches the next record.
Some of these processes can run for over 40 hour. Killing the user session is often very quick. A shutdown immediate however seems to keep waiting for the entire loop to finish.

Shutdown Abort does the trick, but seems a bit of overkill all the other nights when nothing is wrong.