Re: VLDBs - Books , References , Links ?

From: guy ruth hammond <grh_at_agency.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:35:50 +0100

Jonathan Gennick wrote:

> On Thu, 25 May 2000 03:28:15 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >Can OPS be implemented on 1 Machine ONLY ?
>
> I'm bet you could install the OPS software and run one OPS
> instance on a single machine, but that wouldn't buy you
> anything.

OPS won't install unless there is a cluster already running for it to install into (IIRC).

> You do need some underlying OPS components such as a cluster
> manager. There are probably others as well. I don't claim
> much OPS knowledge.

Yes, for example the Veritas Cluster manager on Solaris.

> >Any Resource on ACTUAL Commands for OPS , Partitioning ?
>
> O'Reilly & Associates has a book coming out on OPS late this
> summer.

Search on http://docs.sun.com/ for "Oracle Parallel Server"

Cheers,

guy ruth hammond <grh_at_agency.com> | Happiness is a loaded weapon, and
Technology Analysis & Consulting  |   a short cut is better by far.
07879607148 http://www.agency.com |     -- The Sisters of Mercy