Ora-27146 : post/wait initialization falied error

From: Eric Fang <eric_fang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 13:28:44 -0700 (PDT)

I created two Oracle8i database on Solaris Machine. But I can only start one database. After I changed oracle_sid, using svrmgrl to bring up the second database, I got the above error. If I want to start this database, I have to shutdown the first one, delele all the unix processes.

Because it's the first time using a database on Unix machine, could anyone shed some light on it?

Thanks. Have a nice memorial weekend.

Eric Fang

Do You Yahoo!?
Kick off your party with Yahoo! Invites. http://invites.yahoo.com/ Received on Fri May 26 2000 - 15:28:44 CDT