FK consideration

From: Alex Hillman <alex_hillman_at_physia.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 13:37:43 -0400

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFC739.1932D0F0

        charset="iso-8859-1"

Let say I have a column ca in a child table which is FK for the parent table. What are pro and con if the value of this column will be NULL for records which does not have parents versus some default value. I understand that if I have an index on this column ROWIDs of these records will not be in index.

Alex Hillman

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFC739.1932D0F0

        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>FK consideration</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Let say&nbsp; I have a column ca in a =
child table which is FK for the parent table. What are pro and con if = the value of this column will be NULL for records which does not have = parents versus some default value. I understand that if I have an index = on this column ROWIDs of these records will not be in index.&nbsp; =
</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Alex Hillman</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFC739.1932D0F0-- Received on Fri May 26 2000 - 12:37:43 CDT