Re: Shutdown immediate - not quite as immedaite as I want it to be

From: Heidi E. Schmidt <heidi_at_cybercom.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:45:48 -0400 (EDT)

> I have some other problem though, in which I would like your advise.
> Sometime there are still procedures running when the batch kicks in and
> tries to do a shutdown immediate. Most of the time, the proces still running
> get's killed and the database is shut down. However, in some cases this does
> not happen, and the procedure just keeps running.

Kirsten,

I have found that if I shutdown the listener, run a kill session dynamic script that doesn't include oracle, sys, or system I have gotten just about everything dealt with before I execute a shutdown immediate.

If you find something that involves less steps, please let me know. It'd be great to find out too.

Thanks, Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 07:45:48 CDT