Re: VLDBs - Books , References , Links ?

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 11:05:24 GMT

You CAN'T partition tables in 7.3.4 It is a feature introduced in Oracle8.0

OPS has nothing to do with partitioned tables.

I don't know if you can implement OPS on a a single machine, but why would you want to? OPS is generally used for failover in case of server failure or to spread the load on the system. Neither of those cases would be served by implementing it on a single machine.

No clustering is needed for OPS... but you need to use raw partitions, not file systems

I would suggest you go back to the docs and do some reading there on OPS before you start looking for other reference materials.

Rachel