RE: shutdown hang

From: <Colin.Shaw_at_phs.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:39:56 -0700

Teresa:

I usually figure it will take as long to roll back the transaction as the time taken so far (for row modifications). If you've been continuously updating/deleting rows for the past 5 hours, I would figure about 5 hours to roll back. If you've only done 3 updates in 5 hours, they by the time you've typed ROLLBACK - it's already done! HTH.

Colin.

Author: Joan Hsieh

Author: Southerland, Teresa
  INET: tsouther_at_indiana.edu