Re: Event to disable SMON from freeing TEMP

From: Denny Koovakattu <denny_vk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 14:09:49 -0500

Hi Steve,

  If I set the event 10061, that will disable temp segment cleanup entirely. To reclaim the space I will have to let SMON do the cleanup at some point in time. Currently I have sessions waiting on the ST lock for more than 3 hours. Isn't SMON supposed to free the ST lock after 'n' iterations or is the behavior different for TEMPORARY tablespaces ? Will altering the tablespace to PERMANENT and restarting the instance help ?

Thanks,
Denny

--
Denny Koovakattu