RE: 8.1.6 Export --> 8.1.5 ???

From: Lord David <DLord_at_axis-resources.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 15:40:27 +0100

List

I was told by OWS that export and import are backwards compatible across minor version numbers only and that the version of export must match the destination database. So, for example, here are the valid combinations from an 8.1.x database: -

   8.1.x database => 8.1.x export => 8.1.y import => 8.1.y database
   8.1.x database => 8.0.x export => 8.0.x import => 8.0.x database
   8.1.x database => run catexp7.sql => 7.x export => 7.x import => 7.x
database

Hope this makes sense.
David Lord
Senior DBA, Axis Resources, Cardiff.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 09:40:27 CDT