RE: checkpoint_process ini parameter

From: Grabowy, Chris <cgrabowy_at_fcg.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 15:45:07 -0400

If I remember correctly, its because the checkpoint process was optional in Oracle7, but in Oracle8 its required. I believe that Oracle realized that having a checkpoint process was a really good thing and therefore should be required, and not be optional. Does that make sense to you?

Author: Bill Wagman
  INET: wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu