STARTUP_WAIT_TIME, why?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 16:38:17 -0400

Can anyone suggest a situation in which you would want the STARTUP_WAIT_TIME parameter for a listener to be other than zero? I understand what the parameter does, but I can't conceive of a situation in which I would really need it. I looked around in Metalink hoping to find a whitepaper or something, but all I found was a thread where someone else asked the same question. The Oracle tech responding that thread had no example to offer. Is this paramater something that was useful once, but not anymore? Why would I use it?

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com =20
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 15:38:17 CDT