RE: STARTUP_WAIT_TIME, why?

From: Norwood Bradly A <Bradley.A.Norwood_at_M1.IRSCOUNSEL.TREAS.GOV>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:54:57 -0400

Interesting question which leads to another question: What are the "slow protocols" for a listener?

With startup_wait_time set to 1 (default is 0), the listener sleeps for a second before responding to the
lsnrct status command.

The manual states that this parameter:

Sets the number of seconds that the listener sleeps before responding to the first LSNRCTL STATUS command. This assures that a listener with a slow protocol will have time to start up before responding to a status request.

I'd agree with you, Jonathan, that it does seem to be a useless parameter.

Author: Jonathan Gennick
  INET: jonathan_at_gennick.com