Re: Big Whoops

From: Nancy McCormick <nancy.mccormick_at_sbti.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 21:33:00 -0500

Lisa,

I did this same thing the day after I had given my 2 week notice! I just assumed that I would be leaving the company sooner than I had originally planned. Oracle support was telling me that I had 2 options: 1) recover the database 2) purchase a special recovery process they had that might get some of the the data out of the production database and the price started at only $10,000! However, after talking it over with some DBA friends, I was told that the production database was just confused, not hosed. And they were right. All I had to do was stop and restart the production instance. And I got to stay for the full 2 weeks!

Nancy