Error in 8.1.6 installation on solaris 2.6

From: Nguyen, Long <Long.Nguyen_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:38:39 +1000

During the installation of 8.1.6 on solaris 2.6, after filling out the "Privilege Operating System Groups" screen and press Next, I got the error pop up window: "Error - Multiple version of the product oracle.rdbms were found", and the window has 4 buttons for me to press (Help, Retry, Continue, Cancel).

On the sytem I already have 8.0.5 and 8.1.5 installed, all in different ORACLE_HOME. I m putting the new 8.1.6 into a different ORACLE_HOME.

Not clear what caused it. A look at installActions.log shows the following

	Calling query areasQueries1.7.0.17.0  getProductVersion
	location = /opt/app/oracle/product/8.0.5
	name = oracle.rdbms
	Query Exception: HomeNotFoundException

It seems that somehow the Installer got the ORACLE_HOME of 8.0.5 (although I set ORACLE_HOME to the new 8.1.6 place).

Just wonder if anyone has got this same problem. Received on Wed May 24 2000 - 18:38:39 CDT