RE: TCP listener not responding

From: Deshpande, Kirti <Kirti.Deshpande_at_gtedc.gte.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 09:00:58 -0500

We had traced such behaviour in our network to a couple of Win95 PCs from a particular segment. The TCP/IP software on the PCs occasionally misfired the packets when users tried to connect to the database. We were told that the PCs were heavily loaded with other local software that interacted with other n/w applications. The listener would receive some of the packets and would wait for the rest which never arrived, thus causing it to hang. Would not even respond to 'status' command. Killing it and restarting was the only choice.
- Kirti