RE: Primary & Foreign key constraints

From: Abdul Aleem <abchaudhary-ho_at_beaconhouse.edu.pk>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:50:45 +0500

Jared,

I do not think, I practice ;). The tables in a database should have a PK to
uniquely identify each record. Then comes normalization. For normalized
tables, you have to have a FK. These are the basic RDBMS rules. Unless some
has not learnt them or forget ;)

Now if you tell me what purpose does a database without RI solves, AND what do you THINK?

Regards,

Aleem

                On Mon, 22 May 2000, Abdul Aleem wrote:

> There are no merits to this practice. I would say that the
person who

> designs a database without FK and PK is highly
unprofessional (an idiot) and

> has absolutely no idea of RDBMS design. This can lead to
current and future

> problems.

                Come on Abdul, tell us what you really think! ;) Received on Wed May 24 2000 - 00:50:45 CDT