Developer 2000 upgrade for 300+ Clients

From: Dayal, Deen <DDayal_at_dolsun.dol.state.nj.us>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 19:47:17 -0400

Hi Gurus,

I have tremendous task of upgrading 300-400 clients Running Developer2000 Ver2.0 to Developer2000 Ver2.1, and then apply a patch to make them up to current level.

I am trying to find out easy/better way of doing this.

Here is some info on the clients

1) All of them are on a LAN
2) 95% of them run Windows 95.
3) Network Install is not an option as management is worried about network
load.
4) All these clients should have only Runtime version of developer2000 ( I mean no Forms Builder, no Report Builder no Builders )

My biggest concern is, if we have to do it manually, a lot of time will be spent on selecting multiple pieces in Installer asset manager window. So is there any way to reduce the number of steps involved.

Any info, suggestions, pointers would save us hours of work Received on Wed May 24 2000 - 18:47:17 CDT