RE: Primary & Foreign key constraints

From: Abdul Aleem <abchaudhary-ho_at_beaconhouse.edu.pk>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 11:26:36 +0500

To add to what Deepak has said,

There are no merits to this practice. I would say that the person who designs a database without FK and PK is highly unprofessional (an idiot) and has absolutely no idea of RDBMS design. This can lead to current and future problems.

I would suggest to enforce RI constraints at database level at your earliest.

I would appreciate if you could tell what application is that

Hope this helps

Regards,

Aleem

		Author: Rufus Chinnam
		  INET: rufus.chinnam_at_emirates.com

		Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
538-5051
		San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access /
Mailing Lists

		(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).
You may
		also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).