Re: Many tables in a view.

From: Eric Lansu <eric.lansu_at_quicknet.nl>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 11:31:09 +0200

Try removing the outer-joins. I know the results aren't what they should be, but at least you can find out if that's the problem. Next, try the hint for Rule-based optimizer, and watch the difference in the explain.
Last of my suggestions; Break this view into some different views. Maybe sometimes not all fields need to be retrieved. If you can save some joins, it may relieve the database a bit?

Eric Lansu