Off-Topic --executing batch commands in sequence under NT

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 08:38:21 -0300

Does anyone know if there is a way to force NT to run commands in = sequence,
and not just fork when executing command steps?

I have an NT server with Oracle on it, and my export failed last = weekend
because that Oracle[SID] service hadn't started.

I think it initiated a net start, then jumped to the next command in my script, and the next, and got to import before NT had actually = re-started
all the appropriate services.

I will try running it as a .bat file instead of as a .cmd file, maybe = that
will fix the problem. I couldn't find anything about this on the nt = FAQ web
site.

Thanks.
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des syst=E8mes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique=20
Maritimes Region, DFO      | R=E9gion des Maritimes, MPO