Re: Imp keeps putting data in SYSTEM

From: Dev Mathura <dmathura_at_neal-and-massy.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 12:15:32 -0400

Jeff,

One of the reasons could be that the user has dba privileges, so even setting a zero quota on system will not stop objects going into system. Temporarily revoke the privilege and it should work.

Also, you may want to examine the actual user performing the export/import for dba privileges as well.

Jeff Wiegand wrote:

> We have some databases with user data is SYSTEM.
>
> I exported the data, and set the users default tablespace to users,
> temporary tablespace to temp, quota 0 on SYSTEM.
>
> Upon import, the users data goes right back into the SYSTEM tablespace.
>
> I've also tried dropping and recreating the user.
>
> I've set import from the command line:
>
> imp user file=user.dmp
>
> I've tried it this way:
>
> imp user file=user.dmp fromuser=user touser=user
>
> Still, the data is placed into SYSTEM.
>
> Why, Why, Why?????????
>
> Jeff
> --
> Author: Jeff Wiegand
> INET: jwiegand_at_ancept.com

   Dev Anand Mathura
   Senior Consultant - Oracle Applications
   Management Information Systems
   61-63 Edward Street, PO Box 544
   Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
   phone: (868) 627-4203, fax: (868) 624-8569