Unix PATH variable when running external procedure

From: John Dunn <john.dunn_at_sefas.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 13:08:22 +0100

I have written an external C program that runs Unix commands, but find that I have to specify the full path name for standard commands like mv, lp etc etc.

Is there anyway around this?

Oracle seems to run these external procedures as oracle under a limited environement. Here is what is ouput when I run /usr/bin/env from my external procedure :

PATH=/usr/u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/bin/ ORACLE_SID=extproc_agent
TNS_ADMIN=/usr/u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/network/admin HOME=/home/oracle
ORA_NET2_DESC=11,14
ORACLE_HOME=/usr/u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.5 PWD=/home/oracle Received on Tue May 23 2000 - 07:08:22 CDT