RE: Transactions waiting for Lock on Rollback Segments

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 07:26:09 +1000

Hi Gaja,

Again, I think that this is mistaken. Transaction table undo is generated each time undo generation moves into a new block, not extent. There is only ever one physical transaction table entry per transaction, and (baring dynamic extension) the amount of work needed to construct read-consistent logical images thereof is dependent entirely on the number of undo blocks used, and not at all on the number of extents.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/