Re: Multiple Oracle Homes

From: Raghavendra Sanjay Kumar <bctp_at_md3.vsnl.net.in>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:52:41 +0530

--------------E025C4A03B4B516B60C17F53

Thank U Mr. Atish.

I am using Developer 6 with Oracle 8i on NT 4.0

As mentioned in your mail I did not change the Oracle Home while installing Developer 6.0. Infact it prompted with a name asking for comfirmation. I then clicked OK to proceed with installation. U have provided a hint that there requires an additional service in TNSNames but what is the service that I need to include for that to take effect and put into work.

Could U guide me in this regard.
Thanking you in Advance,

Sanjay Kumar

Atish Prasad Das wrote:

> I guess u have installed D2k 4.5 or 5.0. In ur case there would be two
> oracle homes; \ORANT and \ORACLE. The Oracle 8i database is residing
> at the \Oracle folder where as during ur installation of D2k u might
> have changed the Oracle home to ORANT. So the system is confused. If
> this is the case: There are round about ways to set up the proper path
> thru registry and .ora file. But the simple soln would be to:
> uninstall both, install d2k first and then install Oracle 8i. After
> that u will be able to start the database; but u will face difficulty
> in connecting to the database from the D2k. For that an additional
> service in the tnasnames.ora, which is in \orant\admin\network folder,
> would enable the connection. Good luck.

TNSNames but what is the service that I&nbsp; need to include for that to take effect and put into work.

  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><b>From:</b>
Sanjay Kumar</a></div>

recipients of list ORACLE-L</a></div>

&nbsp;Hi,
2000 which also succeeded. After rebooting the system, I was unable to start the database.