TCP listener not responding

From: Campbell, James <James.Campbell_at_ca.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 18:33:46 +1000

Hello list(en)ers,

while I start ploughing around in documentation, does anyone out there have an experience fresh in their memory of a tcp listener ceasing to respond?

Oracle 7.3.4.3.1, HP-UX, and it has only started doing this since Friday. The listener log shows no error messages, 'lsnrctl' command 'status tcp_listener' hangs, and the only way I can get anything to happen is to 'kill' the listener process and re-start the listener. Then it works for about 5 minutes before it goes AWOL again. I think it's a network problem rather than specifically a listener or database problem, would anyone care to offer any alternative suggestions?

Regards,
James Campbell Received on Mon May 22 2000 - 03:33:46 CDT