Re: Is anyone doing replication on 7.3.4?

From: Istiqfar <istiqfar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 23:42:05 +0700

7.3.4 will replicate *all column* of rows ypu replicate. This is not anymore in 8/later. v8 seems have significant performance improvement because replication routine is re-coded using C (not via database trigger like version 7).

If possible to upgrade, better use 8i standby database for read-only reporting.

rgd,

Isa

On Mon, 22 May 2000 05:58:49 -0800, you wrote:

| I have been asked to look into creating a read only replicated database=
 for
| reporting purposes. Can anyone tell me if they have done this? I am
| interested if there is a performance hit when replication is =
implemented.
| How much time should I expect to dedicate to replication on a fairly =
large
| online production system? Is the replication software free? Has =
anyone
| used Quest's Shareplex?

|=20