RE: Transactions waiting for Lock on Rollback Segments

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <vivek_sharma_at_inf.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:58:32 +0530

Thanks so much for the info

L Bhat wrote "1. Increase total no. of rollback segments upto 50 (not more than that,

        oracle advice)"

        Qs. 1 Should the Number of Rollback segments in the FULL Database NEVER be More than 50 ?

        NOTE - Had Setup - 160 Rollback Segments Each with - EXTENT size 512 K MINEXTENTS 20 OPTIMAL 10M         Qs. 2 Since 2300 Concurrent OLTP Transactions Happen, What should be the Value of transactions_per_rollback_segments ?

NOTE - FREELISTS on Each of the 3 Tables being Inserted into was ONLY 50 whereas 2300 Concurrent Oracle Session process were doing the inserts