Re: Only one trace-file per session ?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 11:31:13 -0700 (PDT)

One is all you get.

Just copy the trace file to another file to analyze, and let the trace keep running until you are done with it.

If you do anything to close the trace file handle, you will not see any more output into the trace file.

Jared

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Weerd de E.C. Kirsten wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Question. Is it possible to have more than one trace-file per
> session ?
>
> e.g. I start a trace on a certain session, stop the trace en analyze
> the results. Later in time, when my procedure has advanced into another
> stage, I want to start a new trace, to analyze that one too. But, I haven't
> succeeded as of yet to start a new trace on a session that has already been
> trace before.
>
> Oraccle 7.2.3 on HP-UX 10.20
>
> Thanx in advance.
>
> Greets,
>

> Kirsten
> --
> Author: Weerd de E.C. Kirsten
> INET: Kirsten.deWeerd_at_Oranjewoud.nl

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address Received on Fri May 19 2000 - 13:31:13 CDT