OWS problems

From: Anthony Keller <akeller_at_sctcorp.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 12:12:14 -0400

Hi,

I am seeing two problem with an Oracle Web Server 3.0.2 installation. I'm hoping someone has an idea of where to tell to look for solutions.

For this problem I have OWS3.0.2 running on an E10000 Solaris 2.6 box. I have three databases X,Y,Z running on a Sun 450 and a fourth database, W, running on a Sun E4500 box. Each of these databases is connected to the OWS with their own listener, DAD, and PL/SQL cartridge.

Problem #1. When a user connects to database X via the web, a separate process is create for database X as one would expect, but it also seems that another process is created for Y and another one for Z. What could be causing this tripling of processes?

Problem #2. If database W is down, the wrb will not start. Is this normal? Do I need a separate OWS server for this database? (Actually we moved the database to the same machine as X,Y, and Z.)

Thanks,
Tony

Anthony M. Keller
Technical Manager
International Area akeller_at_sctcorp.com Global Education Solutions
Sytems & Computer Technology
4 Country View Road
Malvern, PA 19355
United States of America