ORA-12545 on Linux Oracle 8.1.5.0.2

From: Schoen Volker <v.schoen_at_inplan.de>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:23:26 +0200

Hi Gurus,

I have installed a Oracle 8.1.5.0.2 on Redhat Linux 6.1. I followed the "User friendly Install ...". After install I wanted to create a database with dbassist. Dbasssist has error ORA-12545 Connect failed because target host or object does not exist. This happens also when starting svrmgrl. Teh listener is started, but there is no listener.ora in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin. I tried to setup a listener.ora like I know form Windows environmetn, but this doesn't work.

My questions:
- Could you give me a example for listener.ora, or a hint how to create.

TIA Volker
E-Mail: mailto:v.schoen_at_inplan.de
http://www.inplan.de Received on Fri May 19 2000 - 06:23:26 CDT