RE : Only one trace-file per session ?

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:43:13 +0200

Answer. No. The trace file is named after, among other things, the pid of your shadow process (hmm, never tried it with MTS - let's say a session identifier) and, unless you disconnect and reconnect, you cannot change it.
The best you can do is either look for the 'ALTER SESSION' which turns trace on/off in the file, or possibly execute a

   select 'step 1 stops here' from dual; before turning trace off, to generate markers in your file. The snag is of course that it will prevent you from using any tkprof sorting option if you want to keep the steps distinct. Unless you make as many copies of your .trc file as you have steps, edit each of them and remove everything which is not relevant to the step before running tkprof, but is it worth the trouble ?

--
Regards,

  Stephane Faroult
  email: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com