RE: RE : Only one trace-file per session ?

From: Weerd de E.C. Kirsten <Kirsten.deWeerd_at_Oranjewoud.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:58:03 +0100

Currently we have a parameter set causing my trace files to be a max of 10Mb. This is enough to optimize a particular step in the procedure. Some procedures however run for over 24 hours. It is sheer impossible to trace the entire session because we are talking millions of executes. (I hit the limit of 10 Mb mostly after about 5 mins) Anyways, I figured I'd start a trace, stop it after a while, tkprof the trc, jump to conclusions like I always do en start a new trace after a while. True I can't change the name, but don't need to because the old one can be overwritten.

Guess I want to much.

Thanx for the info.

Kirsten