ORA-27146 Error

From: Eric Fang <eric_fang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 14:44:57 -0700 (PDT)

I created two Oracle8.1.5 databases on Sun Solaris. The databases created with the parallel sever option enabled. I cannot have access the second database. When I use svrmgrl and startup, there is an error ORA-27146: post/wait initialization failed. If I issue "startup open
pfile=$ORACLE_HOME/dbs/inittest.ora", I got the error of ORA-01031: insufficient privileges.

I know it's related to the parallel server stuff.

How can I startup the 2nd database? or just disable the parallel server? Thanks.

Have a nice weekend.

Eric Fang

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/ Received on Fri May 19 2000 - 16:44:57 CDT