RE: install question-solved-thanks

From: <Lisa_Koivu_at_gelco.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 08:42:01 -0500

Man the list is s-l-o-w!

Turns out NIS was the problem, and the 8.0.4 installer needs to see the entry in /etc/group. We put the entry in that file, re-ran the installer with no problem, and removed the entry. The installer does not co-exist nicely with NIS.

Thanks everyone for your responses.
Lisa

DDORR_at_cedelglobalservices.com on 05/18/2000 08:22:53 AM

To: Lisa Koivu/GELCO_at_GELCO
cc:

Subject: RE: install question

I've seen you've got some answers from the list on this. Just wanted to confirm that we too are using NIS, and have the dba group defined in /etc/group.
I guess the oracle installer just checks this file to find the dba group.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. Received on Thu May 18 2000 - 08:42:01 CDT