writing libs (.so) for oracel enterprise on linux

From: Josef Kropf <jose_at_vossen.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 09:35:17 +0200

 hello community,

 sorry if this ms a stupid question, but i need to write some external procedures for oracle 8.0.5 enterprise on linux (is it right that they are faster than stored procs, especially when they are filled with mathematic formulas?)

i use the gcc - compiler, how can i send a select statement to my database and put the retrieved data into an array like select * from packings into :pack.obj_id, :pack.name, :pack.volume, :pack.weight;

then i get all the goods from a specific delivery with another select into another array.

after processing data and packing everything, i want to insert it back into another table, but don't know how...

background is, i want to pack our goods into multiple packings, there are customers with special packings and so on after calculating the best variant i want to write that stuff back in a temporary table which i use to print the packing lists on a terminal server processing an jobqueue.

i've been playing around with this for more than two weeks now and can't get any further...

thank you for every little hint
jk

 --
J. Kropf