RE: Java vs PL/SQL

From: Miller, Jay <JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 11:37:12 -0400

Regarding technical issues one presentation I attended last summer (so the info may be out of date) said that java was faster than pl/sql in all cases except where there was a huge amount of reading/writing from/to tables (since there was a loss converting from Oracle datatypes to java datatypes and back again).
Apparently the people who developed pl/sql were quite embarassed...