shutdown hang

From: Joan Hsieh <jhsieh_at_infonet.tufts.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:13:28 -0400

Hi List,

One of the developers deleted more than 120,000 rows on a small database. In the middle of the session, he killed the process.(because hang) I did shutdown abort and startup again (waited a while whitout problem) and want to shutdown immediate and startup over again. This time shutdown immediate hangs. Is this normal (waiting rollback)? I've been hang here for over one hours now.

Thanks in advance, Received on Thu May 18 2000 - 15:13:28 CDT