RE: One Peta Byte = ??

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:23:19 -0700 (PDT)

I would think that powers of 2 would be more appropriate.

Easier to remember too! :)

kilobyte  = 2^10
megabyte  = 2^20
gigabyte  = 2^30
terabyte  = 2^40
petabyte  = 2^50
exabyte   = 2^60
zettabyte = 2^70
yottabyte = 2^80

And and interesting perspective at http://www.ccsf.caltech.edu/~roy/dataquan/

Jared

On Thu, 18 May 2000, VIVEK_SHARMA wrote:

> 1 Peta Byte = 1000 Tera Bytes
> 1 Tera Byte = 1000 Giga Bytes
> 1 Giga Byte = 1000 Mega Bytes
> 1 Mega Byte = 1000 Kilo Bytes
> 1 Kilo Byte = 1000 Bytes

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon Received on Thu May 18 2000 - 18:23:19 CDT