Re: shutdown hang

From: <sean.hull_at_pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 17:54:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Joan Hsieh wrote:

> One of the developers deleted more than 120,000 rows on a small
> database. In the middle of the session, he killed the process.(because
> hang) I did shutdown abort and startup again (waited a while whitout
> problem) and want to shutdown immediate and startup over again. This
> time shutdown immediate hangs. Is this normal (waiting rollback)? I've
> been hang here for over one hours now.

Try "startup restrict"...

SVRMGRL> shutdown abort
SVRMGRL> startup restrict
SVRMGRL> shutdown immediate

That prevents new sessions from connecting. If your listener was still running, you could have gotten a flood of new web requests when the db came back up. Received on Thu May 18 2000 - 16:54:45 CDT