RE: wait events

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 00:37:31 -0700 (PDT)

I'm quite surprise that an 8K block give worst performance than a 4K block even on an oltp system.

I've did a little tuning lately on our system. The best gain was obtained by rewriting some sql, not ny tuning the database.
Even though the optimiser is getting better, it's not perfect, not in 8.1.5 anyway.
Look at the sql being executed a lot and the ones having a lot of gets. You can do marvels there as very few developpers know what is an access plan or how to interpret it.

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle Received on Wed May 17 2000 - 02:37:31 CDT