connectivity oracle8.x (net8)with oracle 7.1.6

From: Rajanish Joshi <rajanish_joshi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 01:40:31 PDT

Dear List ,
I have to do the following things
I have Unix server on which I have oracle 7.1.6 I have a Visual Basic Application on windows95 client I have installed oracle 8.03 on the windows95 machine now I want use ODBC to connect this application to oracle server . What should I do ?because sql*net versions are different weather it will take the connection or not?
Please mail me on rajanish_joshi_at_hotmail.com because I am getting answeres as a one mail only.

Regards,
Rajanish Joshi
Pune India